Uni Registration and Visa

To register to be a QUT student, you can follow the following 11 steps:

  1. Find your suitable study program
  2. Check the enrollment date
  3. Check the registration requirements
  4. Check the program fees and available scholarships
  5. Check if credits from previous study program can be transferred
  6. Complete all the registration requirements
  7. Submit the registration application
  8. QUT will check your application. If everything has met the requirements, Letter of Offer will be sent to you
  9. Apply for a student Visa
  10. Prepare your departure to Brisbane
  11. Attend the orientation week

Further information can be found in these links: registration and scholarships.

Family Visa

Bringing family to accompany the study in Australia is a decision that is not only important but also brings its own consequences. However, bringing the family will give valuable experience for the family. Here are some important aspects regarding to bringing the family to Brisbane:

  1. Families can be brought to Brisbane with the provision of prooving that you have an adequate funds for travel, tuition and living expenses. Funding needed to bring family to Brisbane can be seen in http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/574-0/financial.htm
  2. Student and the other family members are allowed to work full time if they are enrolled to a Master by Research program or Doctoral Degree. Other than those programs, student and the other family members can still work with some limitation. Further information about working eligibility can be seen in http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/working_while_studying/conditions.htm
  3. Working requires Tax File Number (TFN). The registration can be done online. The full information about TFN can be seen in http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.aspx?doc=/content/27156.htm
  4.  Accomodation must follow the number of family members. Generally, one bedroom can be used by a couple and a child. If there are more than one child, then accomodation unit should have at least two bedrooms. That will definitely add expenses as the renting prices depend on how many bedrooms are rented. Full information about renting accomodation can be seen in http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/
  5. If you want to bring children under 18 years old, they have to be registered in the local school in Brisbane as the requirement for their Visa. If they are enrolled to a state school, their school fees would be free for Prep (Preparation class for 5 years old children) to Year 12 with the condition that their parents are enrolled to a scholarship program or to a PhD program. The enrolled state school must be within the catchment area. Enrolling to Year 8 requires English test according to the requirements. Information about dependant children education can be seen in http://eqi.com.au/programs/dependant-student.html
  6. Children under school age can be enrolled to a Child Care. However, Child Care has a limited capacity. To enrol, the organisation usually asks for an immunisation card of the children. Scholarship recipients from the government is eligible to apply a Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate. Full information about Child Care Benefit can be seen in http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/child-care-benefit
  7. All family members that come to Australia has to have a Health insurance. Student and dependant children insurance is commonly covered in the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The fees for single students and for dependant students are different. In some products, the number of children also affects the total fees of the insurance. Some insurance providers do not covers gestation treatments within the first year. Full information regarding to health insurance can be seen in http://www.immi.gov.au/students/health-insurance.htm

Leave a Reply